Saturday, February 14, 2009

Seven Random Facts and Seven Friends (if I have them)

This is way overdue.

My cousin Kelley tagged me like 6 years ago to write 7 random facts about myself in a blog. I don't know why it's taken so long. I love this kind of stuff.

Maybe the problem is that I have blogged very little and therefore pretty much only know two other bloggers, and Kelley is one of them, so there is really no one to tag. (I think I will totally tag 7 random people whose blogs I happen upon who have no idea who I am.)

So here goes...

1) I love tweezers. LOVE them. I tweeze things that ought not be tweezed. My favorite thing to tweeze is leg hairs. And there is one particular length - when the leg hair has just started to peep out - that is particularly satisfying. I think it is because for some reason, when I tweeze that length, I nearly always get that gummy, ugly root out. Do you know what I'm talking about? SOOOO satisfying. Have you ever tweezed an in-grown hair? They are also particularly satisfying to conquer. In college when I roomed with Megan, we used to sit on our beds on opposite sides of the room and tweeze our leg hairs while we chatted about life. Good memories.

2) I have simultaneous yearnings to be different and to be the same. This creates quite a quandary for me when both yearnings expose themselves at the same time.

3) Once I worked as a house parent at a home for troubled teens. It changed my life.

4) I used to have glow-in-the-dark nail polish. It rocked. I could put it on, and you couldn't see it unless you turned the lights out, and then my nails just glowed. This, for some reason, made me happy.

5) I have a good memory. When I was in first grade, my teacher (Mrs. Price) would always instruct us to get in line by saying our names in alphabetical order by last name. I heard our class in alphabetical order by last name so many times that year that now, like 25 years later, I still have the list memorized. No, I am not kidding. Katie, Christi, Brooke, Natalie, Nikikia, Timmy, Jimmy, Derek, Mandy, Alicia, Ben, Russell, Jason, Evan, Mara, John, Marie, Michael, Dana, Wendy, Jenni, Brandi, Shauna. I know... creepy.

6) I both think and feel very deeply. As a result, I am frequently experiencing angst. I often portray myself as flaky or carefree. I think I do this because I don't know a lot of people who are comfortable with deep thoughts and feelings, so it helps me make it socially. But beneath the surface, I am forever contemplating myself and God and relationships and life and meaning. I really long for God and relationships and meaning.

7) I have never been able to turn a cartwheel. I know... creepy.

Okay, now I will tag 7 random people.

I will start with Heather. I do know her.
Oh, and there is Aunt Pat. I know her, too.
I met Amanda on etsy, and she is cool.
This person appears to have a birthday the same day as my big brother (which was yesterday - you should comment to her and tell her happy birthday - I'm going to!). Cause for tagging.
Shaniqua likes The 10th Kingdom, which happens to be one of my favorite movies of all time, so I am tagging her.
I happened across Erin and think she looks nice, so I'll tag her.
This person seems creative and deep, so they get my last tag.

Thanks, Kell! :-)

5 comments:

Kelley said...

Oh my goodness, there are noy many people out there who can make me laugh like you do! I can't believe you tagged random people. That is hilarious.

I also have a strong satisfaction in tweezing things. I think it's just something that you're either born with, or you aren't. Ok, next time I see you we'll make some tweezing memories :-)

Oh yeah, and thanks for reentering bloggy world! I missed your posts...

Kelley said...

that was supposed to be "there are NOT many people" just in case you thought my vocabulary consisted of words you didn't know...

Amanda said...

Oh nice! Thanks for calling me cool! :D

Anonymous said...

Hi friend How are You ? I like your post and i want to stumble it for my friend but i cant see your social bookmark widget in this blog. Please help me admin Thank You Steven

AskThePhatMan said...

Perhaps now, I could get tagged.:)